Thursday, June 05, 2014

MeMadeMay'14 round up

Me Made May is over again for another year. Well, it's been over for nearly a week now and yet I'm only just catching up! My pledge for this year was to use MMMay'14 as an opportunity to get back into the habit of making things regularly, this time using my leather stash as inspiration. 

Here's what I made...

mystery braid belt in natural vegtan leather
completed May 6th.

tangram pendant in silver vegtan leather
completed May 12th

amended tangram pendant in silver vegtan leather
completed May 16th

completed May 20th

completed May 26th


Reflections...

I'm happy with what I made. Some of these things have been bubbling around in my head for ages, others were unplanned.  I've realised I really like working with vegtan leather which features in all of my makes and had thought going into this challenge that I'd probably do more sewing on my machine. I did have moments where I felt like I should have made more things but I stopped myself from bashing some small things out on the sewing machine because I realised I was just going to make them for the sake of output for the MMMay challenge, not because I actually wanted them to exist in my life.
But I'm happy with my output. I feel like they are all considered pieces and all have a place in my wardrobe.



Bonus makes!

I did do some other non-leather-related sewing during MMMay...



a couple of simple little dresses for my Little One using Mr B's old shirts (more on these soon)

I also made a pair of Comox trunks for Mr B in time for his birthday (this wasn't his only gift!) After the first wearing the feedback was that I need to take in the waistband, so they're currently sitting on my desk waiting for a date with the ream ripper.

My other achievement was that I fiiiiinally took in the side seams of a store-bought top which was supposed to be fitted and yet was boxy, and not in a good way. All I had to do was change over to black thread on my serger, and how long did it take me to get around to doing that...?!


So all in all, a productive month! Thanks again to the excellent Zoe for hosting another Me Made May challenge. I'm already looking forward to next year's!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super productive month. I'm so glad that you didn't go down the making for making's sake route. The items you've created are amazing. The dresses for Little Miss are wonderful! I look forward to hearing more about them xx

    ReplyDelete