Wednesday, October 09, 2013

stamp stamp stamp!

I have been experimenting with stamps.

I started off with some simple potato printing, but the results were too crude and clumpy for my liking, so I went for something much smaller that would allow me to do more intricate designs...


I carved into pencil erasers and using a normal old ink pad started playing...






I allowed myself not to think too much about where each mark was going. The repetitive nature of the exercise is quite calming and therapeutic. I'd recommend it!

5 comments:

  1. I love them! Especially the stamp with the 'leaf' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great! I haven't done any art work in years but can imagine that this would be very relaxing and therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, especially the fade to grey dots. Off to find my ink pad!

    ReplyDelete