Monday, October 14, 2013

signs of autumn (past)

I bought this flower press at a local charity shop recently. It reminded me of the one I had when I was a kid.

When I opened it up I discovered that the previous owner had carefully preserved some favourite colourful autumn leaves. I have no idea how long these leaves have been slumbering between the layers of the press.

I like to think that these leaves are time travellers. They escaped their fate of turning into mulch the year they turned these colours, and have managed to be transported between layers of paper, cardboard and wood (cue sci-fi voice) TO THE YEAR 2013!

I left them on the balcony so that the wind could scatter them - to mingle with this year's crop of fallen leaves and tell them what autumn was like back in the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment