Thursday, September 26, 2013

whoo!

I made a squishy owl for my friend's baby's first birthday.

 (and yes I am aware that this is a potentially frightening gift to give a small child!)

This is a pattern I developed a few years ago and is a good way of utilising small amounts of interesting fabric. This fabric was part of a stash of fat quarters of lovely Japanese fabric given to me by my mum.

In case you are concerned - I stitched the buttons on very securely and let my friend know that if she was worried about them getting chewed on/choked on, I'd happily re-do the eyes without the buttons.

I wondered whether I should add wings and feet but I quite like the minimal nature of this little fellow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I love it!! I agree, leave off the wings and feet, it's sufficiently 'owly' as it is. Those fabrics are great, your mum is a legend with excellent taste xx

    ReplyDelete