Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mawwage!

Mawwage is what bwings us togevah today...


After an excellent hen do, what better way to commemorate the wedding of some dear friends than to recreate the legendary wedding speech from The Princess Bride in embroidered goodness? Especially given that a reading from The Princess Bride novel featured in their wedding ceremony!

I used the same process as my previous celebratory stitchery, again presenting it mounted in a 4" hoop.

I had originally planned to include some Buttercups and a Dread Pirate Roberts mask in the decorative border, but after much experimenting and practising I couldn't get them looking right and so I decorated it with a spray of little stars instead.

In case you'd like to put on a production of The Princess Bride in your own living room, you can find the script here. Inconceivable!

(Why you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.)

5 comments:

  1. Very funny, and a very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I WOVE that quote, and what you've done with it!!
    I like to quote it to my husband at random moments (usually met with bemused smile... not a fan).
    What a great gift, I love the little stars. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete