Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MMMay'12 - Week Three

It's Me Made May Week Three! Let's go...

Day 15.
me-made madeleine mini bloomers
Not a good start to the week as I caught a cold and spent all of Tuesday in bed. At the end of the day I realised that I was about to go to sleep without having worn a single me-made item. With the whole MMMay challenge in jeopardy (!) I changed into my floral-y red/pink/purple Madeleine bloomers. Phew, MMMay is saved!


Day 16.
me-made stripey t-shirt
me-made map bag
me-made fabric carrier bag
me-made leather peacock feather brooches
Still sick, but had to head out for a midwife checkup appointment and a stop-at-the-shops-for-supplies before heading back home. I made these leather brooches a couple of years ago and they pretty much live on this turquoise jacket (a very fortunate charity shop find).



Day 17.
me-made plain blue sorbetto
me-made faux Chanel shoes
me-made map bag
Back to work (but still with a bit of a cold) and what better way to get back into the swing of things than wearing big pretendy jewels! 


Day 18.
me-made two tone pointy flat shoes
me-made map bag
At a party to celebrate my friend's 30th birthday. I ended up being a bit late to the party because my new baby bump meant that I couldn't fit into the me-made skirt I was planning to wear and ended up spending a while working out what else to wear! This skirt was a gift from my sister, made for me by a friend of hers. It has white netting folded and stitched in random rows down the front as well as little strips of white netting detail in the seams.


Day 19.
me-made belt
me-made faux Chanel shoes
me-made map bag
Round at Mr B's mum's place for a barbecue to celebrate Mr B's birthday. The first barbecue of the summer, we even got a little bit of sunshine. Hooray!


Day 20.
A lazy Sunday spent pottering around at home. A little bit of gardening, a little bit of baking (this delicious tried and true recipe), a little bit of stitching (re-hemming some trousers for Mr B) and trying to shake this annoying cold! I forgot to take a photo on the day, so here is a me-less version of me, re-creating the large portions of the day I spent lying on the couch!


Day 21.
me-made plain blue sorbetto
me-made map bag.
Shockingly, I was not wearing me-made shoes! I was in red suede Clarks shoes to match the little bit of red on the hems of the nautical cardigan. It made me realise that I need to make some red shoes to replace the me-made pair I wore to death quite a few years ago! (I used to pretty much live in red shoes. I think your day goes better when wearing red shoes!)

So that's Week Three. I had planned on making something new to wear this week, but didn't really have the energy for it thanks to this pesky cold. Tune in for Week Four when (hopefully) there will be something new to break up these repeats!

7 comments:

  1. I'm still in love with the print on the flock of birds t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you recreated your outfit on the bed, very clever! And all your me-made things seem to work quite effortlessly into your style - or at least, that's the impression I'm getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the well-known artists Qin Hailu, Small Song Jia, Liu Pei Pei who and supermodel, Wang Zhu Xiaoyin personal clarks shoes outlet interpretation of the next, Clarks 2011 autumn and winter fashion shoes beauty, fashion rain, yet the three main themes Variety type a new series of performance England revivalism, full brand British style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfits again.
    I love peacock feathers and your brooch is brilliant.
    My work mates once called me Dorothy because of my attachment to red shoes! Can't beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The you-less outfit is my favorite - when I was a little girl I used to set out my clothes for the next day like that, pretending I was in them. And I'm with you on red shoes, except orange is my preferred color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trawling your archives, loving your makes and wanting to comment on them all but.. I can't because word recognition sucks and I just don't have the energy to keep trying. Please install disqus so I don't have to deal with the blindness inducing hideousness that is recaptcha, everytime I want to comment. Disqus handles spam blocking for you (it uses Akismet, the same algorithm that's built into Wordpress) and enables cross platform commenting while keeping tabs on comments, responses, pings and trackbacks. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks for your feedback! You'll have to bear with me - I'm a bit of a technophobe (to the point where I had to read your comment a couple of times before it even started to make sense to me!) Thanks for the Disqus link, I'd never heard of it. I shall have a look...

      Delete