Sunday, April 08, 2012

Sorbetto, finally.

It's taken me forever, but I have finally jumped on the Sorbetto bandwagon. I downloaded the pattern ages ago, but it's taken a lazy Easter Sunday to get around to making it. 

I found this excellent pony material (some sort of entirely unnatural fabric with a little bit of stretch) a while ago at a fabric remnants stall in Lewisham market. I made the Sorbetto without the central pleat because I didn't want it to interfere with the pony pattern. To make the top without the pleat, I just lined up the pleat line on the fold of the fabric when marking/cutting out.


I chose matching bias binding and finished the seams by overlocking them (I am LOVING using my new overlocker! It makes things so much easier and neater!)

I'm happy with the result, it's a good basic, straight forward pattern with endless possibilities for adaption. I foresee many Sorbetto variations in my future!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Can't believe all the nice fabric you find in Lewisham market, I'll have to go down and have a look. Those ponies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - pony print! I love that!

    ReplyDelete