Thursday, April 12, 2012

Me Made May '12


Last month was not a very productive one for me in terms of making things at home, however this month I have got more of my home making mojo back again. I was going to post about some more things I completed over the recent long weekend, but I thought I would share with you one of the reasons why I have been motivated to make again.

I have signed up to Me Made May'12! This excellent challenge is the brain child of Zoe of the excellent 'So, Zo...' Blog and has been running periodically (me made may, self stitched september) for the last couple of years. It is an initiative in which participants endeavour to wear at least one 'me-made' item (whether it be sewn from scratch, refashioned, knitted, crocheted etc) every day throughout May, although each participant is encouraged to set the level of the challenge for themselves.  Previously I have only ever watched from the sidelines, admiring everyone else's efforts, but now that I have started making some of my own clothing, I have decided to JUMP RIGHT IN!! So here goes...

I, Emily Botterman of The Botterman Empire, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one item of me-made clothing/accessories/footwear each day for the duration of May 2012'

I have included accessories and footwear in my challenge as I have been making necklaces, brooches, bags and other bits and pieces as well as shoes for longer than I have been making clothing. I am really looking forward to Me Made May. It's a little bit daunting, but that's the point of a challenge, right?

If you want to learn more about Me Made May '12, click to logo on the side bar on the right there, and it will whisk you off to the MMM'12 info at 'So, Zo...' and while you're at it, why not sign up yourself?!

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! I'm attempting it for the first time too. I think the self-made accessories are going to pull me through, because I'm going to run out of clothes fast if I don't get lots of sewing done in the next month!
    Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!! So glad you're 'in' this time round. I think your accessories and footwear additions are going to blow everyone (including me) away! I think most people are thinking fabric-scrap corsage when they think of self-made accessories, not INCREDIBLE plaited leather belts!

    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete